How To Make Homemade Vegetable Baby Food In Just 20 Minutes
Are you struggling to provide your child with nutritious homemade vegetable baby food? If yes, continue reading my story and hopefully, you will emerge inspired. Providing my little angel with quality nutritious homemade vegetable food in a short time is an endless battle for every new Mom.
I'd been struggling with it for a long time. As a result, my baby was also suffering. That's when I decided to change it for better.
I spend several hours watching YouTube videos and talking to other moms in our community. I've nearly perfected the art of making vegetable food for my baby.
What you would need to follow this tutorial
Fresh vegetables for your baby like Green Beans, Carrots, Peas, etc.
- Some airtight containers to store your vegetables
- You may also need to buy a vegetable chopper like this one(see video). Make sure that it works fine and fast.
- A pressure cooker to cook all the vegetables. You can easily get a pressure cooker like this one(See video). It would be great if you've some previous knowledge operating it or otherwise you can follow along with the video.
- You also need to arrange cute-looking baby food bowl for your darling. According to several research, it has been found that good looking food plates lift up the mood of your and thus helping him/her to eat better.
Some points you need to keep in mind while cooking food for your baby
There are surely several advantages of making homemade vegetable baby food. Some of these include like eating wholesome, balanced diet meal. However, you'll also find that you are pressed for your time.
Therefore, you may need to make some adjustment if you're a working Mom. Storage issues may also arise so it is better to be prepared beforehand.
Step by Step guide to making two impressive vegetable recipes for your baby
Smashed Peas Puree
This dish is rich in Vitamin A. folate, Sodium and Potassium and is most suitable for babies under eight months old.
• Make sure that you're using fresh peas only. Take out the peas from the pod and store them in a separate container. If you want to shell peas fast, then follow through with this tutorial to know how. Read more
• Take out the fresh peas and put them in pressure cooker/steamer.
• Steam it for around 10 minutes.
• If you've never made any puree, then you should first read this article and then head on to this video (See video) which shows how to do puree.
• Depending on the age of your child, you may also add some extra water to the puree.
• Once the puree is done, you can serve it fresh to your child.
This dish is also rich in vitamin A, potassium, sodium, etc. and is most suitable for babies aged between 6-8 months.
- You've to first peel off the skin from the carrot.
- Then you’ll need to cut it into small pieces and place it in the steamer.
- Make sure that you steam as the carrot pieces until they're soft and comfortable to chew.
- You need to use your favorite puree appliance to get the puree done.
- You also may need to add some water to make the puree smooth to swallow.
- Here is an excellent short tutorial, you need to follow to make carrot puree.
Both these recipes are very easy to prepare and can be done within a very short period ( 15- 20 minutes) and are also perfect for your babies health as they are packed with high nutrition.
By following this tutorial, you can easily prepare two of the best homemade vegetable baby food in no time.
Since learning and adapting myself to this methodology of cooking, I've been able to give high-quality food for not only my baby but also for my hubby and myself.
I must admit that as interesting as it sounds, it needs a little bit of diligence and resilience. However, there is no limit to how far we can go when it comes to making a piece of delicious homemade vegetable foods for our babies.
If you've any doubts, please ask in the comments section below and we’ll try to back to you within as quickly as possible. Also, feel free to share this article with new moms on your social media platform.